OPEN Position: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager
Position Type: Full time, Exempt; 30 hours
Position starts August 1, 2017; Position increases to 40 hours March 1, 2018
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Programs Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Arts & Business Council of Chicago’s core programs including: Consulting provided by highly qualified business professionals; Training in all aspects of management and board functions; Research in leading and emerging issues; & Creating relationships that bridge the arts community and businesses.
Responsibilities include: communications, logistics, data entry, intake, preparing materials, and event management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Passion for the arts community
- Database/CRM experience required; Salesforce experience desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a co-working space
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and creative problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts Administration, Marketing/Communications, Business or related field, preferred
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com; Subject line: ‘Program Coordinator’
Application deadline June 30, 2017.
The Arts & Business Council of Chicago has frequent opportunities for volunteer internships concentrating in key areas of our organization. Most internships follow a school year schedule of Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters but we will consider other time periods on a case-by-case basis. A&BC is a small office environment where the intern is exposed to all aspects of how a nonprofit operates.
Position Title: Programs Intern
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Program Department oversees the key components of A&BC’s mission. This volunteer internship will assist in all aspects of planning and managing our programs: Business Volunteers for the Arts, our pro bono management consulting program; On BOARD, our program to train professionals to be effective members of arts and cultural boards; our Lab series; and our newly launched Membership Program.
Interns gain exposure to established leaders in both the arts and business sectors while developing a thorough understanding of arts organizations at the administrative level.
Responsibilities may include:
- Creating and updating of program documents and materials
- Attending and documenting meetings with arts clients
- Assisting in compiling data for program implementation, tracking, and grants
- Assisting in gathering and analyzing social media data
- Using program evaluations to develop new strategies for growth
- Helping with database management
- Assisting with event planning and management
- Tracking and managing new and active A&BC Members
- Cultivating new partnerships with organizations and businesses to add to member benefits
- Providing general administrative tasks, as needed
- Special projects based on candidate's interests
- Pursuing a liberal arts degree or recent graduate, an interest in arts administration or a business major a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Experience with MailChimp, Salesforce, and Squarespace a plus
- A background in developing brand awareness through social media
- Ability to prioritze urgent and important tasks, flexible and adaptable, receptive to feedback, thrive in a co-working environment
- Strong communication skills, energy and confidence for outreach to warm and cold contacts
- Ability to work well independently
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Noemi Garcia at NGarcia@artsbiz-chicago.org.