There are no full-time positions available at this time. Please continue to check back to keep up to date!
The Arts & Business Council of Chicago has frequent opportunities for volunteer internships concentrating in key areas of our organization. Most internships follow a school year schedule of Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters but we will consider other time periods on a case-by-case basis. A&BC is a small office environment where the intern is exposed to all aspects of how a nonprofit operates.
Position Title: Programs Intern
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Program Department oversees the key components of A&BC’s mission. This volunteer internship will assist in all aspects of planning and managing our programs: Business Volunteers for the Arts, our pro bono management consulting program; On BOARD, our program to train professionals to be effective members of arts and cultural boards; our Lab series; and our newly launched Membership Program.
A&BC is a member of ArtCore, a non-merging collaborative composed of three of Chicago’s most respected non-profit organizations, Arts & Business Council of Chicago (A&BC), Audience Architects (AARCH) and Chicago Cultural Alliance (CCA). Interns will have an opportunity to learn about the programs and operations of AARCH and CCA and understand the planning and strategy behind this innovative partnership and shared resources.
Interns gain exposure to established leaders in both the arts and business sectors while developing a thorough understanding of arts organizations at the administrative level.
Responsibilities may include:
- Creating and updating program documents and materials
- Supporting meetings with arts clients
- Compiling data for program implementation, tracking, evaluation, and grants
- Analyzing program evaluations to develop new strategies for growth, retention, and recruitment
- Gathering and analyzing social media data
- Helping with database management
- Creating program surveys for tracking and evaluation
- Assisting with event planning and management
- Researching learning opportunities for arts clients based on emerging issues in the field
- Providing general administrative tasks
- Special projects based on interests and skills
- Pursuing a liberal arts degree or recent graduate, an interest in arts administration or a business major a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Experience with MailChimp, Salesforce, and Squarespace a plus
- A background in developing brand awareness through social media
- Ability to prioritze urgent and important tasks, flexible and adaptable, receptive to feedback, thrive in a co-working environment
- Strong communication skills, energy and confidence for outreach to warm and cold contacts
- Ability to work well independently
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Noemi Garcia at NGarcia@artsbiz-chicago.org .