Tony Award-winning Steppenwolf Theatre Company was born from an idea a couple of former high school classmates had to produce a play in a suburban church. Four-time Grammy award-winning ensemble, Eighth Blackbird, have called Chicago home since 1996. With the right foundation in place, the growth potential for Chicago arts organizations just like yours is immense.
In Arts Administration 101, smARTscope Consultant Lisa Tylke will guide emerging arts organizations through two key pillars of stability: understanding the roles and responsibilities of a board of directors and concept development for the artistic and administrative visions of organizations. These pillars are vital for mastering the basics; understanding who you are, what you do, and how you do it.
This Learning Lab is most appropriate for emerging organizations that have:
- Unpaid or stipend-payed staff and artists
- A few sources of contributed income
- Hands-on Boards of Directors that fulfill administrative roles and do minimal fundraising
- Average budgets of $0 - $100,000
- A strong desire to grow and develop!