The Arts & Business Council of Chicago has frequent opportunities for volunteer internships concentrating in key areas of our organization. Most internships follow a school year schedule of Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters but we will consider other time periods on a case-by-case basis. A&BC is a small office environment where the intern is exposed to all aspects of how a nonprofit operates.
+ Position Title: Programs Intern
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Program Department oversees the key components of A&BC’s mission. This volunteer internship will assist in all aspects of planning and managing such programs as Business Volunteers for the Arts, our pro bono management consulting program; On BOARD, our program to train professionals to be effective members of arts and cultural boards; our workshop series; and our newly launched Membership Program.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist in the creation and updating of program documents and materials
- Assist in compiling data for program implementation, tracking and grants
- Track and manage new and active A&BC Members
- Cultivate new partnerships with organizations and businesses to add to member benefits
- Help with database management and event registration
- Create program surveys for tracking and evaluation
- Assist with event planning and management
- Assist in gathering and analyzing social media data
- Research learning opportunities for arts clients
- Provide general administrative tasks, as needed
- Special projects based on candidate interests
- Pursuing a liberal arts degree or recent graduate, an interest in arts administration or a business major a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and database programs
- Ability to work well independently
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Noemi Garcia at NGarcia@artsbiz-chicago.org.
+ Position Title: Development Intern
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Development Intern assists with development and fundraising projects. The intern would assist in event planning, donor relations, database entry and management, research and donation solicitation. Major projects would include supporting development staff and gala committee in the planning and executing of the annual gala, held in early November. This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a fast-paced non-profit environment with dedicated colleagues in the areas of communications, events and development. Reporting to the Director of Development, the intern will be an integral member of the A&BC team, and will have frequent interaction with program staff and organizational leadership.
Skills desired include excellent communication skills and professional demeanor. The intern will be working closely with the Director of Development and Executive Director, as well as board members, gala committee members, donors and volunteers. Knowledge of basic office technology and software is required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel). Experience in database entry and management is a plus. Ideally, candidate would be a creative problem solver and with a passion for the arts. Thoughtful time management, attention to detail, organizational skills, resourcefulness and the ability to work independently are desired traits in an applicant.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Jessica Strattard at JStrattard@artsbiz-chicago.org.